Beautiful & Fun Things

By BoomSpress-BabyBoomersExpress
Stream Of Conscious Ramblings of a Life Long Learner

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter,
and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss


My Photo
Name:

Hello, Paula Gaon here, Libra Sun, Cancer Rising, Aquarius Moon. Nice to meet you. I'm one of many aging BabyBoomers scratching my head and wondering where the time went and why I still feel so confused. That planned career never came to fruition, and earning a living is just a necessary chore. A few years ago, after that proverbial mid-life crisis-which I prefer to think of as an extended adolescence, and my mother's advice, decided to get back to artwork-ie clear out the accumulated cobwebs and neurosis and bring to light all that's been gestating the past 30+ years. So here it is. Look forward to sharing a few ideas and images with you! Come over & rap with us: http://www.apsense.com/invite/paulag5777

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Woes of Us Harry Potter Fans

Hello again,

I'm sure that some of you out there in cyberspace are Harry Potter fans, like myself. As an artist, thinker, and general eccentric, I've found this so-called children's series to be one of the most imaginative, enjoyable and inspiring series in a long time. Thanks to this series, I've been able to conjure up a lot of creativity that I'd thought was gone. See, the mind does indeed need stimulation that refreshes and renews. Unfortunately, publishers and movie makers are afraid that we little folks will skim off their profits in a big way by infringing on their copyrights. So we have to be quite careful not to say or produce any image that they and their big guns have rights to, causing them to lose millions--G-d Forbid! In any case, no one can copyright imagination and inspiration. So, here are a couple of new images to enjoy, thanks to HP himself.

Remember in Goblet of Fire (Book 4), Harry's encounter with the Hungarian Horntail? I couldn't get that image out of my head for ages; finally decided to take a go at my own version: "The Black Transyvanian Spiked Dragon" Maybe you'll find a nice home for him. If you don't want the heat of a dragon on the walls, check out some other nice Mythical & Magical Creatures.

Book 6, The Half Blood Prince, next to the last in the series, came out last June. Harry's really grown up, for better or worse. And with great sadness, we had to say farewell to Dumbledore. Many of us expected as much, but none the less saddened. Naturally, I absolutely had to create something in his memory--DD Forever! --apparel and a couple of Mugs.

Hope you enjoyed this little tour. We'll talk more about Astrology soon. See you around.

Onward and Upward,
~Paula

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home