Beautiful & Fun Things

By BoomSpress-BabyBoomersExpress
Stream Of Conscious Ramblings of a Life Long Learner

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter,
and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss


My Photo
Name:

Hello, Paula Gaon here, Libra Sun, Cancer Rising, Aquarius Moon. Nice to meet you. I'm one of many aging BabyBoomers scratching my head and wondering where the time went and why I still feel so confused. That planned career never came to fruition, and earning a living is just a necessary chore. A few years ago, after that proverbial mid-life crisis-which I prefer to think of as an extended adolescence, and my mother's advice, decided to get back to artwork-ie clear out the accumulated cobwebs and neurosis and bring to light all that's been gestating the past 30+ years. So here it is. Look forward to sharing a few ideas and images with you! Come over & rap with us: http://www.apsense.com/invite/paulag5777

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Happy Birthday Kinsey!

Happy Birthday, Kinsey Millhone!

For us feminist, murder mystery fans, today's a happy day. Sue Grafton's free-thinking, maverick, feminist, private investigator, Kinsey Millhone of the so-called Alphabet Series is celebrating a birthday today. Which one, I'm not quite sure--the series has progressed to 1987, but in reality we're in 2007. Since Kinsey was born in 1950, she's either 38, maybe 37 still, or 57. Frankly, I prefer to stay in the context of the series and keep Kinsey in her late 30's--with fresh memories of childhood traumas and the 70's counter culture. This way, I'm reasonably sure that all of the characters I've come to know and love, many who are well above the trustworthy age of 30, are still alive and well.

Kinsey's a woman after my own heart--she's learned the lessons of the swinging 70's and is coming to terms with the Yuppie ethos. But with all that, she has a mind of her own, and knows how to use it to her advantage--the gal's an inspiration. Just wish that I'd had her focus and determination back in the 80's...

Onward & Upward,
~Paula

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home