Beautiful & Fun Things

By BoomSpress-BabyBoomersExpress
Stream Of Conscious Ramblings of a Life Long Learner

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter,
and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss


My Photo
Name:

Hello, Paula Gaon here, Libra Sun, Cancer Rising, Aquarius Moon. Nice to meet you. I'm one of many aging BabyBoomers scratching my head and wondering where the time went and why I still feel so confused. That planned career never came to fruition, and earning a living is just a necessary chore. A few years ago, after that proverbial mid-life crisis-which I prefer to think of as an extended adolescence, and my mother's advice, decided to get back to artwork-ie clear out the accumulated cobwebs and neurosis and bring to light all that's been gestating the past 30+ years. So here it is. Look forward to sharing a few ideas and images with you! Come over & rap with us: http://www.apsense.com/invite/paulag5777

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Free Hugs






A couple of months ago, a friend sent me the link to You Tube's Free Hugs clip. Of course as an aging Boomer, I quickly forgot it. But, like my friend at Aging Hipsters,
Free Hugs popped back into the conscious memory, and voila--here it is on BFT.

It's hard to believe in these days of lawsuits, Politically Correct, fear of sexual harassment and all the other complicated issues that scramble our aging Boomer brains, that such a blast from the past could really happen and even gain grassroots support. Can you believe it?

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I dare any Boomer who remembers the 70's to not choke up at this clip.

Dig this story? Then create your own custom apparel & gift items.

Click here to make your own awsome designs


It's all the same...
~Paula

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you from the gaon family of izmir

2:05 AM  
Blogger Paula Gaon said...

Interesting, no I'm not from the Gaon family of Izmir, but what a coincidence, I did live in Izmir for 2 years. Small world.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home