Beautiful & Fun Things

By BoomSpress-BabyBoomersExpress
Stream Of Conscious Ramblings of a Life Long Learner

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter,
and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss


My Photo
Name:

Hello, Paula Gaon here, Libra Sun, Cancer Rising, Aquarius Moon. Nice to meet you. I'm one of many aging BabyBoomers scratching my head and wondering where the time went and why I still feel so confused. That planned career never came to fruition, and earning a living is just a necessary chore. A few years ago, after that proverbial mid-life crisis-which I prefer to think of as an extended adolescence, and my mother's advice, decided to get back to artwork-ie clear out the accumulated cobwebs and neurosis and bring to light all that's been gestating the past 30+ years. So here it is. Look forward to sharing a few ideas and images with you! Come over & rap with us: http://www.apsense.com/invite/paulag5777

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

So What's BFT All About?
Which are you, mouse, cheese or cat?


Which are you, mouse, cheese, or cat?

12July 2005

Hello Everyone,

Hope all is well and we can enjoy a little peace in this world. Frankly, the news headlines around the world never cease to shock. I find it harder and harder to even listen; so much is simply beyond comprehension--explosions in London, then Cesme, Turkey. I was lucky enough to live in Izmir, Turkey for 2 years, very near Cesme--one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. The only question that has always and still comes to mind is "What do terrorists want and what do they really have to gain?" It's beyond me; and time spent listening to news is directly proportioned to my blood pressure reading--the more news, the higher the reading. But, BFT is not a blog for geopolitical issues. I'll post those on "Little Green Footballs".


So what's BFT really about? To answer that question, I'll have to tell you a little about me, the Blogger. First and foremost, I'm an artist, in spite of the fact that for many years I've wished that I'd been born just a normal person who could hold down a regular soul-sucking job. All of us have to earn our daily bread. Secondly, I'm just the type of person who's slated to be a life long learner and work more efficiently and creatively when working independently in the peace and quiet if my own home. If you're into astrology, you'll recognize the syndrome of Jupiter in the 9th house, plus Sun/Saturn conjunction. An interesting aside here, Sun is squaring, about 90 degrees from, Mars for most of the month. This aspect is known for encouraging agressive behaviour--take a deep breath.

With all of the above said, BFT is simply my stream of conscious thoughts and ramblings about the creative process and the sharing of images and thoughts. I'm convinced that none of us is totally unique; there has to be a common thread of consciousness; somebody somewhere's bound to enjoy each of our ramblings. In addition to that, it would be nice to knock out some of the pessimism that's built up over the years:

"They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool."

~John Lennon

No one is doomed to be the cheese all his/her life and just sit there!

Happy Trails,

~Paula Gaon








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home