Beautiful & Fun Things

By BoomSpress-BabyBoomersExpress
Stream Of Conscious Ramblings of a Life Long Learner

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter,
and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss


My Photo
Name:

Hello, Paula Gaon here, Libra Sun, Cancer Rising, Aquarius Moon. Nice to meet you. I'm one of many aging BabyBoomers scratching my head and wondering where the time went and why I still feel so confused. That planned career never came to fruition, and earning a living is just a necessary chore. A few years ago, after that proverbial mid-life crisis-which I prefer to think of as an extended adolescence, and my mother's advice, decided to get back to artwork-ie clear out the accumulated cobwebs and neurosis and bring to light all that's been gestating the past 30+ years. So here it is. Look forward to sharing a few ideas and images with you! Come over & rap with us: http://www.apsense.com/invite/paulag5777

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Them That's Got Shall Get...

My old friend Asher just posted to his blog a subject that never ceases to amaze me: How them that's got can put us little folks through such hoops and mazes lest we dare cheat them aou to one red cent. Yes, this is the way of the world and it's certainly not going to change in the near future, but do take a look at the article:

Update

A few weeks ago, my father's insurance company - which had previously sworn up and down that there was no money in his life insurance account - sent me a letter asking me to fill out some forms so I could collect his life insurance payment. Well, okay, I said. First I had to write a letter saying I was the only living child of my parents and get a friend to sign it; my apartment manager refused to do this, so I went to the apartment manager from my old building and he was happy to help. A few weeks ago, my father's insurance company - which had previously sworn up and down that there was no money in his life insurance account - sent me a letter asking me to fill out some forms so I could collect his life insurance payment. Well, okay, I said. First I had to write a letter saying I was the only living child of my parents and get a friend to sign it; my apartment manager refused to do this, so I went to the apartment manager from my old building and he was happy to help. ...Continue reading at "dreams into lightening"

And don't you dare give the world something, they'll hate you forever. See Asher's post,
Judaism On Trial
..."(Ustinov) calling the Jewish religion "anti-Christian and inhumane" and demanding that the Shulhan Arukh be banned. ..." Continue reading at "dreams into lightening" How the world has hated the Jews for giving them the basis of the New Testament.

Thanks, Asher for keeping these things before us and keeping us on our toes!

~Paula Gaon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home